Friday, April 6, 2012

Oh, April....

April is a busy time for musicians, at least school teachers and their student musicians. Lots of contests, concerts, and other events keep us about as crazy as a cat in a rocking chair factory, but mostly it's a lot of fun.

Today, I got to work with an area middle school orchestra and enjoy their performances of my music "Brigid's Fire."  It was fun to work with students other than my own and to watch a great colleague in his classroom.  Sometimes, when we're the busiest, it's nice to stop and take inventory of what's really important.

So, as we head into this busiest time of year, it's nice to just stop and smell the lilacs (or roses, or tulips, or dandelions).  Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get my tail out from under this rocker....

Peace,

Jeffrey