Saturday, February 19, 2011

Off to Work....

Heading over to the coffee shop with my notebook and pencils to get a little work done.  I downloaded a new piano app for my iPhone so I think I'll be able to get a lot more ideas down than I normally do.

I don't have "perfect pitch." In fact, I don't even have not-so-perfect pitch, so it can be very frustrating at times when I have ideas that I can't quite get down on paper exactly as I heard them in my head.  Unfortunately, the creative part of my brain, the one that comes up with these amazing ideas doesn't seem to get along with the analytical part of my brain that needs to write it down.  Makes for some amazingly funny scenes, I'm sure: "Look at the crazy man in the corner talking to himself, punching his phone like that! Stay away from him, kids!"

But artists are supposed to be a little bit crazy, right?  Right?

Oh well, off to work.

Jef