Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ahhhhh, Chamber Music....

A nice bit of Chamber Music this evening from my orchestras at school. The top two orchestras performed their chamber ensemble pieces tonight. Best night of music-making all year, in my humble opinion.  Every kid has to step up and be THE section.  Oh, what responsibility! And OH, what TERROR!

I'm really proud of them, though. I forget who said it first, but playing chamber music is like standing naked in front of a pre-med class: those no hiding anything!

I'm off to guest conduct a couple orchestras this weekend.  First to Goddard, KS, where they're performing "Declarations" and then the Pioneer League Middle School Honor Orchestra over in Haysville (both are just outside of Wichita).  I'll also get a chance to sit in on the Wichita Symphony's dress rehearsal with new music director Daniel Hege, so that'll be very cool.

Lots of music making this week.  Hope you're able to do the same!

Best,

Jef